Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Before the Snow

The snow is on its way---or so everyone keeps telling me. For my part I am perfectly contented with an extended fall, two days of snow for Christmas and then on into a long spring. Who else is with me?

We have been preparing the home for winter. Organizing the garage, blowing out the sprinklers, rolling up the hoses and avoiding the task of leaf raking. Since we are new homeowners we are kind of winging it here, hopefully we aren't missing anything major. Today I am off to buy Cordelia some snow boots---she is very excited.

I also recently took a morning hike up the mountain with my friend. We both suspected that this may be the last hike we take before the snow creeps down the mountain and blocks our passage for the next few months, although we did discuss the possibility of snowshoeing (I have never been and I am excited at the prospect). Have you been snowshoeing?

waterfall

trees

turkeys

moss

boulder

I believe that the snow is to begin falling later today or tomorrow, so I had better get out there and enjoy a little more fall today. Do you have snow yet? Are you ready for winter? Anything you need to do before the snow falls?

10 comments:

beautifulladybird said...

These photos are gorgeous. My favorite is all the moss on the side of the rocks. Ahhhhh!

Roxee said...

I lived on a farm (partime, weekends and school holidays) and have done snowshoeing and cross country skiing, both are very enjoyable with a hot thermos and sandwich lunch! Make sure there's LOTS of snow before snowshoeing, it's not nice walking on earth, much more fun sinking into the fluffy snow!

Kirsten said...

Beautiful

Kate said...

Being an almost lifetime resident of NM, the closest I've been to snowshoeing is wearing heels in the dust we call snow.

affectioknit said...

We've had such a nice long fall here too...and everyone keeps saying that means we can't complain in January...I wonder why not...we love snowshoeing...it's so flat here it's nice an easy...

Have a lovely snowy day!

Stacy said...

I love snowshoeing!

Lovely photos friend.... sounds like a nice day!

Victoria said...

Fall here until January!! ;)

Emily said...

Absolutely beautiful pictures. I love all the fall colors! Today I am still running the air conditioner. It's nearly 90 degrees.....Boo. I'm ready for fall.

dear olive said...

Wow, it looks so beautiful there. As you are preparing for Winter, we are hurtling towards a crazy hot, scorching summer where I am. Seek shade! Grab an icy pole! Get your feet in a bucket of water! Kellie xx

Robin said...

Snowshoeing is awesome but so hard! Great leg workout tho!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...