Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Morning Transition

I am a morning person. Seriously a morning person. I open my eyes and I am ready to go. I do not understand folks who have difficulty shaking off sleep or starting their day, perhaps this is due to the fact that I only halfway subscribe to the notion of sleep. I am up. I am going. I am singing opera.

I awoke this morning while Eric, Cordelia, Bumblebee and the cats were still zonked out. Actually Ophelia looked up at me and groaned as if to say,"Too early," and then she curled into a tight ball of fur. Bumblebee didn't even look up, usually she will at least give me a little apologetic wag e for not following me. The first soft rays of early blue light were filtering in, though it was mostly still black out. Good enough for me. I got up. Worked on some job related stuff, checked email, made breakfast, packed Eric's lunch, did a little reading and then went and woke up the crew--they count on me for this, or at least that is my interpretation of it.

Once the house is all awake and fed and before we get on with the business of the day there is sort of a transitional period. Eric is getting ready to leave. The sun has risen. The light fills our house. There is a moment before we all get to it as though the entire household is taking a deep collective breath before moving on with our day. We want to linger over coffee (Eric, not me), snuggles, unkempt hair, breakfast smells, quiet family time. Then there is a shift and the day officially begins. Eric leaves for work. Cordelia plays, I blog.

Living room

couch

tooth brushing

Simone

Drawing

How do you start your day?

5 comments:

Victoria said...

Nice tutu! Love Dad and daughter brushing together, makes me miss my Sean. I so loved that time with him, every day a new adventure, every moment, special.

Nicole Elizabeth said...

I am not a morning person either!! Kudos for admitting that and working on it!

Also I PMed you on Esty about the hats since I could not find you email ;)

Emily said...

I wish I was a jump out of bed person! I usually wake up and ponder the day ahead for a few minutes, but then get up and get started. We get the girls off to school, then Mike heads to the office to work while I play with Lucas and tidy up the house a bit. The house is usually humming with the sounds of a playing two year old and the white noise of the dishwasher or washing maching hard at work. By lunchtime, Mike and Lucas and I sit together for lunch. Mornings are great here!

Kirsten said...

I never use to be a morning person, but I am up before everyone else lately. I love sleeping in cuddly blankets, lingering in bed. I also love the quietness that I have when its just me up. Its a toss up :P

Keia said...

I love this post. I love routine and family and familiarity and this post says it all :) I am a morning person...at least usually I am. I make the hub's breakfast and lunch and kiss him goodbye before he goes to work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...