It's been a bit since I've shared a vegan recipe, so let's get back to it. Since we are a vegan family we do a lot of vegan eating. Here is what we ate for dinner last night. The recipe is simple, but really satisfying. Enjoy!
- 1 package of vegan gnocchi, you could make your own if you have that kind of time ( I don't). I have no difficulty finding vegan gnocchi at the regular store.
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 small and thinly sliced onion
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 bunch of Swiss chard, cut away the stems and them chop the leaves into strips
- 1/4 c. Daiya vegan mozzarella cheese shreds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook your gnocchi following the directions.
- In a medium skillet, over medium high heat warm the oil and add the sliced onion. Cook until the onion becomes translucent. Add the minced garlic and cook for a minute more, stirring.
- Add the chopped Swiss chard and cook, stirring occasionally, until the chars is wilted and soft.
- Add the gnocchi, vegan cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss it all together and enjoy with a big salad and some crusty bread.
How often do you eat vegan?