Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Vegan Gnocchi with Swiss Chard

gnocchi and chard
It's been a bit since I've shared a vegan recipe, so let's get back to it. Since we are a vegan family we do a lot of vegan eating. Here is what we ate for dinner last night. The recipe is simple, but really satisfying. Enjoy!
  • 1 package of vegan gnocchi, you could make your own if you have that kind of time ( I don't). I have no difficulty finding vegan gnocchi at the regular store.
  • 1 Tbs. olive oil
  • 1 small and thinly sliced onion
  • 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 bunch of Swiss chard, cut away the stems and them chop the leaves into strips
  • 1/4 c. Daiya vegan mozzarella cheese shreds
  • salt and pepper to taste
  1. Cook your gnocchi following the directions.
  2. In a medium skillet, over medium high heat warm the oil and add the sliced onion. Cook until the onion becomes translucent. Add the minced garlic and cook for a minute more, stirring.
  3. Add the chopped Swiss chard and cook, stirring occasionally, until the chars is wilted and soft.
  4. Add the gnocchi, vegan cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss it all together and enjoy with a big salad and some crusty bread.

How often do you eat vegan?

7 comments:

affectioknit said...

YUM! I love swiss chard!

Have a lovely day!

Emily said...

Yum! You seriously need to publish that cookbook that you've been working on. :)

Roxanne said...

How often do I eat vegan? All the time! I don't eat meat, dairy, honey or anything that comes from animals.... I eat plant -based only foods.

This is all brand new to me (veganism) since this past August 2011 after I got sick after a meat burger at a fast food restaurant!

It's ALL GOOD!

Caitlin said...

I eat vegan 100% of the time. I'm vegan for ethical reasons but the choice has been great for my health, too. I found your site on vegblogs.com, as it happens. I'm hooked & enjoy seeing what's goin on in your world. Why did you become vegan? Oh, and when? Best~ Caitlin

Maria Rose said...

Caitlin, thanks for reading! Eric and I have been vegan for 12 years in December of this year. We became vegan for ethical reasons, but the health perks are awesome. For the record I lost 50lbs when I went vegan and 12 years later it is still gone.

That Teary Eyed Girl said...

I love reading your blog, especially your vegan recipes! So interesting!! Keep it up :)

That Teary Eyed Girl said...

I love reading your blog! Especially your vegan recipes! So interesting... Keep it up! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...