Friday, November 18, 2011

Wind, Snow, Art, Craft

Yesterday was crazy windy. Naturally it was also trash day.Eric rolled our garbage bin out to the end of our driveway for pick up and we hit the road. I took Eric to work and then headed over to my parents' house for a quick visit. When I returned home the wind gusts were shaking the car. If you have ever been to WY then you probably understand what it feels like to been moved by 60+mph wind gusts, if not...well hopefully you never will have to have that experience.

I pulled into our driveway and noticed that our garbage can was missing. Cordelia and I got out of the car and looked up and down the street. Nothing. So I put my little lady on my hip as it was windy enough to knock a toddler over and possibly blow her across state lines, where I assume the winds immediately die out. We let the wind blow us down the hill to the end of our block (many many houses down) and still there was no sign of our trash can. We rounded the corner and continued on down the incline. Finally spotting our can another half a block down. I approached it uncertainly. Who could be certain that it was even ours, we were so far from home? Finally I spotted our faded address (never noticed that before) and confirmed that it was ours. Problem solved....until I realized that I had to wrangle a toddler and a giant garbage bin while climbing uphill in a significant windstorm. I did it! It wasn't pretty, it wasn't graceful, but the garbage can is now safely home and my toddler did not blow to Nebraska.

Usually following these insane windstorms we have a calm, and cold. We are expecting some snow this weekend which will will be a welcome change from the winds of insanity.
bench with snow

The winds brought with them something of a frenzy of activity. Today and tomorrow are going to be hectic. I am not really certain how things will play out, but Eric and I will be decorating for the holiday home tour (read here) and my mother and I will be selling in a very large craft fair. I think we have everything in order, now it is just time to do it.

I have spent my entire week preparing for these two events. I am certainly tired, but I am also excited. Eric and I have come up with some cool elements for the home we are staging and the craft fair should be a great opportunity to spend some time with my mother. That said, I will be so happy when the next 48 hours are complete and I can rest on my laurels.

What are you up to this weekend?

5 comments:

Keia said...

Good luck with the craft fair! I hope you sell a lot

Roxanne said...

Just take it one section at a time! You'll get through it if you divide the day into

1. Morning - busiest
2. Afternoon -almost done
3. Evening - wrapping up
4. Night - resting

Emily said...

Good luck with everything! I wish I was closer and could help out. I know you guys will pull everything off, though. Can't wait to see pictures of the house tour! How fun!

Kate said...

Have fun! Don't forget to keep us "posted". {Pun intended.}

singlemama said...

good luck!!!
what am I up?
my little boy's got flu. we'll stay at home and start peparing our place for xmas.

have a nice weekend :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...