Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Kindness Bandit: Holiday Edition

kb

I haven't posted a Kindness Bandit post in quite some time, but 'tis the season for a little Kindness Bandit action. Plus I could use your help with this one. You see the other day I grabbed a couple of Angel Tree tags off of their Christmas tree. If you aren't familiar with Angel Tree they are a group that helps make Christmas special for children whose parents are in prison. The parent fills out an Angel Tree card with a Christmas gift for their child and whoever grabs the card gets the present on behalf of the parent. Eric and I grabbed a couple of tags. One is for a 16 year old girl who is to receive a CD and another is for an 18 year old girl who is to receive hair accessories.

Gifting

We gathered the items requested, but I feel like there is something missing. Have you got any ideas? I just want to make the gifts a bit more exciting to open on Christmas day, you know really make their day a little better. I am not looking to go crazy. I still want to stick to what the parents requested I just want to make this something a bit more memorable. Your ideas would be most welcome!

9 comments:

Roxanne said...

Add a chocolate bar! Girls love chocolate...
(make sure it doesn't melt on the gifts) I guess that would depend on when you have to send it?

Kirsten said...

A copy of Catcher in the Rye.

AKM said...

Like Roxanne, I was thinking of throwing in a bit of candy...Twizzlers, maybe?

Girls also love lip gloss or lip balm, and they're pretty inexpensive.

Kirsten's idea is great, too. It's my favorite and teenagers love it. :-)

Roxanne said...

Remember on November 28 – Fabric Flower Headband - you made a cute headband for Cordelia?
Can you make a homemade one for the 18 year old? That'll personalize it...

Kate said...

I lovelovelove that you're doing this. I've read that 12-18 year old boys are least likely to be picked and after that, it's girls 15+. Leave it to the kindness bandit to choose, innately, one of the least attended populations. Give those girls some love and happiness! Maybe also vintage accessories?

Victoria said...

I would "wrap" it all up in a cute little tote or purse. A girl can't have too many purses!

Maria Rose said...

Kate, I waited for others to take first and I grabbed the left overs who seemed least likely to be chosen.

Kate said...

Which makes you the kindness bandit.

Tammie said...

oh i love the kindness bandit! i was just thinking about her the other day!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...