Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Project: Wreath Enhancement

I was at the store a few days ago and I spotted a solid looking synthetic wreath. The wreath was mighty plain, but at $2.99 who could resist? So I brought it home and decided to jazz it up a bit.

wreath

So I grabbed a few different colors of yarn, a small rectangle of paperboard and a pair of scissors for pom pom making. I wrapped the yarn around the width of the paperboard and then tied it off with another piece of yarn (see pic).

wrap around

Then I flipped the paperboard over and clipped through the yarn.

cut

The bundle of yarn will look like this. Fluff it up to create a pom pom.

pom bumdle

Repeat with several different colors. Tie onto your wreath and then admire your work.

wreath

9 comments:

Roxanne said...

That is so unique, I love it! Can I steal the idea?

Emily said...

Can I please borrow just a tiny fraction of your creative brain?

Maria Rose said...

Steal away!

Victoria said...

See! Just like my poor Charlie Brown tree..all better!!

Susan said...

Ah, that is so sweet!

Kate said...

Brody made our wreath last year with branches cut from a friend's tree. I'm hoping (and hinting) that he do it again. I adore those little yarn poms. They could be used for so many things!

Keia said...

lovin the pom poms :)

Kirsten said...

Cute! I love the homemade pom-poms :)

Jesse @ Happy Go Lucky Vegan said...

How cute! Your wreathe instantly looks cheerful and festive!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...