Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Kindness Bandit: Mystery Mailer

kb

Earlier this week I was invited to partake in a worldwide event wherein participants left encouraging (and anonymous) notes for strangers to stumble upon. I decided to join in and instead of leaving a note around town I chose to spread the news across the country.

IMG_3668

I selected 4 envelopes and cards. I also found 4 encouraging quotes and wrote one of them on each card. I chose some random residential addresses. I do not know who will be receiving the notes, but hopefully they will feel inspired or touched. I addressed the letter to "you" so whomever gets the letter will open it. I only left the initials KB in the return address, no address.

Who knows, maybe someone somewhere will be inspired. Care to try it with me?

8 comments:

Susan said...

Cool idea! I think I will.

Also, my word verification for this comment is, "Squici". You may want to add it to the list of possible baby names.

Emily said...

GREAT idea!

Holly said...

I love this idea! It reminds me of a thing we did at my school when I was a child. It was called "Peace Day" and we'd send up balloons with a message of peace. I never knew where the balloons would end up, but I always wondered who found those messages.
I'm definitely going to give this a try. :)

Roxanne said...

I think that's a cool idea! Imagine if one of the card receivers is one of your readers?

Kate said...

This made me cheerful. You're good people, Maria.

singlemama said...

oooohhh! I absolutely should try this!!!!! :-)

sophie said...

I love it - fabulous idea!!

Amber said...

I will do the mystery mailer! It's very creative and thoughtful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...