Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Happy Because

Today I am happy because...

03mariafeb192009-3
  • We (baby and I) had a great check up. All is going well! Measuring right on track, total weight gain of 4 lbs. so far. Feeling more baby wiggles every day.
  • Tomorrow is my mother's birthday! Cordelia awoke this morning I heard singing from her room, "It's Gramma's birthday!" I reminded her that it was still one more day and we decided to make some cupcakes.
  • The sun is shining and the wind is NOT blowing. We may get to spend some time outside today.
  • Tomorrow is Eric's artist lecture and I can't wait to see him do his thang, that's right I wrote thang. Wait, I am feeling less confident about that word choice now so let's move on shall we?
  • Last night I got to go to my regular yoga class AND then I took a long bath while Eric did all of the dinner dishes and entertained Cordelia. Then he put her to bed while I crocheted. I felt completely spoiled. He had a looong day, but was so sweet to give me a little time to relax.
  • I am planning some good things for Eric to let him know how much he is appreciated!
  • I am wrapping up a large scale crochet project of simple dishrags, but many of them.
  • Sam, my youngest brother, will be over for lunch today. Last time he was over Cordelia and I tricked him into thinking she had learned to read. You see she has many books memorized, word for word. She even runs her fingers across the words as she goes, creating a very convincing show.
  • Cordelia is currently beat boxing. Yes, she likes to beat box...
  • I am happy because I choose to be.

Why are you happy today?

8 comments:

Susan said...

Your last reason for being happy is spot on. I know, I never say, "spot on" but if you can say "thang" I thought I should try something new.

Carmen said...

That's great :). Happy is the best way to be!

Emily said...

Reading this post put a smile on my face. For reals. (There's another phrase I don't say often...just joining in on the fun.)

Roxanne said...

I am happy today because you made me happy with your blog. Being around miserable people is not my thing (thang) anymore, and I am trying to change that in my life! Thanks for being you Maria Rose and Eric and Cordelia and baby!

affectioknit said...

I love the new banner! I'm happy to have unpacked three more boxes...and to have found some hardwood under the carpet...not all of it but some is good...

...and your story of Cordelia 'reading' reminded me of my baby brother 'reading' too...when I was in 4th grade I took him to show and tell at my school for exactly that same reason...he had memorized so many books and he would move his finger over the words and turn the page at exactly the right time...so even though it was a bit of a fib - I took him to my school to show off my reading baby brother...

Have a lovely day!

singlemama said...

I am happy because I choose to be. I'm happy because I've just read this beautiful post. I'm happy because I've been laughing a lot with someone I love. I'm happy because my little boy has just told me he loves me. and I'm happy because today I love me too.

:)

ps: I'm also happy for your great check up.

Rachel said...

you have one hip little girl!! i would LOVE to see her beat box! sharing a video would be very enjoyable! =)

elizabeth said...

keep choosing happy , it's a good choice to make :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...