Tuesday, February 28, 2012

When it looks like this....

Snow on tree

When it looks like this outside it is time to...

out the window
watching snow fall
Watch the flakes accumulate on sidewalks that just melted off yesterday, knowing that this recent storm will surely melt away in the next few days. Late season snowstorms like this aren't really a big deal, the days are longer, the snow melts quickly---receding to the shadowy corners to lurk and brood (I am big on animating the inanimate, snow probably doesn't actually brood).

Take a trip to the library for toddler story time. We haven't been in quite some time and I think Cordelia will enjoy it. Always a little awkward to be in a room full of women and babies. I am not sure why. Although I think the most awkward thing is to be in a room full of pregnant women. Do you know what I am talking about? Makes me very uneasy and I am a pregnant woman. Probably won't be the case at library time anyway.

Drink some hot chocolate soy milk. I drink fortified soy milk, it has Omega 3s and I pretend that the hot chocolate soy milk is purely for fetal brain development.

BUmblebee
Go out on the porch and contemplate a romp in the snow, deciding to snooze inside instead. OK, that was just Bumblebee. She stood on our covered patio and then sighed before coming in and harrumphing (apparently spell check agrees that is an actual word) into her bed.

Deliver freshly baked cookies to friends around town, before the roads get bad. I cannot be trapped in this house with a mountain of chocolate chip cookies, even if they are vegan they aren't exactly a health food and I have a wicked sweet tooth.

plants
Admire the green growing things that promise spring will soon be here. I will surely admire a gardening book or two while Cordelia plays at some point in the day.

Art and work during nap time. I have a final touch on a piece for the show that opens Thursday and then I am all set. I will also check in on my students and do a little work.

What do you do with yourself on snow days?

***Don't forget to leave a comment here with your gender guess and a chance to win the giveaway!

7 comments:

Aimee B said...

We have had a sudden, late snow here as well. I am knitting socks, and reading blogs and hoping that somebody else eats the last of the cinnamon rolls (so I don't have to)...

sara said...

look at that pretty snow. we don't get snow days here, but on rainy days like today, soy hot chocolate sounds pretty good! we do the toddler storytime, too, if olivia is in a sitting-still mood.

Roxanne said...

What a nice day you had. I like the progress of your plants.
We have snow too. Bummer, we had been spoiled for all of this winter so far. Hope it doesn't last long.

AKM said...

This winter girl would LOVE another snow day! I think it's doubtful in St. Louis at this point, and we've had a mild winter anyway.

Bettina said...

What art are you working on at the moment? I'd love to see it.

Maria Rose said...

Bettina, I am currently working on a paper art show. I will definitely post some pictures here on the blog once the show is hung.

Kirstens Kitchen said...

I know what you mean about being in room full of women and babies. Last week I took Leeluu and Simone to the early swim..it was full of mamas and their tots! It was a little weird, but after a bit I settled into the warm pool and made some friends :) Lots of snow here too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...