- Vintage cups, mugs or any flat colored ceramic piece. I suppose you could buy new, but why?
- Porcelaine pens, I got mine here.
- Wash and dry your mugs.
- Come up with an idea or a design. Maybe you want words or a pattern, but I recommend that you have an idea in mind before you get rolling. Remember to take into account the shape of your mug. I chose nature inspired designs because straight lines would have been challenging on the mugs and I wasn't inclined to tape off a design (though you could do that too).
- If you aren't a confident artist then I suggest you sketch out your idea on paper first.
- Follow the directions on the pen and start drawing. Set aside to dry.
I was pleasantly surprised by the end result of the pens on the ceramics, they look really professional and they are dishwasher resistant. I think they would make great gifts if they were filled with a bag of coffee or some tea. If you want a closer look at the ones that I made you can check out the mugs on our Etsy shop Wyoming Rose. We also have listed a bunch of new items, so please check us out!