Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Family Fort Night

family

Oh my, it has been too long since we have had a fort night...but last night we remedied the problem. Eric and Cordelia made a tent together. When I came down into the family room Cordelia was sooooo excited about the tent, so was I.

Untitled

with sign

There were blankets on the floor and a movie (Tangled) was chosen. Cordelia helped me to color a sign to indicate that a fort night was indeed underway. Naturally we all got into our pajamas as well. The whole process of setting up took the better part of an hour as we set a mood and let the anticipation build.

IMG_5201

Finally we settled in to watch the movie. We had a mid-movie snack to revive ourselves---Eric may or may not have fallen asleep.

feet

When was the last time you had a fort night?

7 comments:

Kate said...

We only allow our kids a max of 2 hrs/week of television time. Well, technically, our wee one is allowed 0. This makes our weekly movie SO much fun. Our son looks forward to it throughout the week and we talk about what we'll watch. We either set up a for to "sleep out" or we do the cardboard car for "drive-in theatre night". I will happily admit I look forward to movie night as much as the 6 yo. Your fort is so much more sturdy than mine ever are. You should give for tutorials on "LTAB"!

Michelle said...

What fun! We did it when I was a kid, my kids did it, and my grandkid did it. I guess, like cats, we are all drawn to a hidey-hole. Of course, when I was a kid we did not have TV for movie night, but the biggest fun was in the constructing.

Anne Marie said...

So much fun! We did stuff like that with Megan when she was little. Good times!

Roxanne said...

Cordelia looks so excited! And so does Eric! It looks like so much fun....

Court said...

awww... it's been a few months for us, i'm thinking we're due!

Kirstens Kitchen said...

I remember making forts out of the couch cushions when I was a kid! Leeluu likes it when I do it for her :) We don't do it family style though..FUN!

Victoria said...

So happy to see another fort night!! We used to make forts as kids, stealing all the kitchen chairs, sitting them on their sides and using blankets for the roof...so much fun. My parents never participated unless you count setting up a real tent :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...