Thursday, April 26, 2012

Road Trip: Wyoming Through Colorado

Yesterday we made it about halfway to our destination. Normally the trip from WY to NM is about 13 hours, but that travel time increases exponentially when you factor in a toddler and a pregnant lady. So we decided to break the journey into two days that seem less taxing on all parties involved.

Yesterday morning we left our house and animals in the care of my family and hit the road by mid-morning. We cruised along at a pretty good pace. Cordelia was entertaining herself in the backseat and Eric and I talked and talked. We stopped for lunch in Cheyenne, taking our sweet time.

Finally making it to Colorado which is green and beautiful this time of year. We followed the interstate ever South, stopping for the night in Trinidad, CO which is just a short distance from the NM border.

Before we could do anything else we had to reward our amazing traveling toddler with some swim time.

jump with daddy

testing the water

Pool jump

Since I am not the owner of a maternity swimsuit, nor do I intend to be, I opted to take photos and watch a little father daughter time in action.

We went and grabbed a few supplies and had dinner in the hotel room. Eric ran off to get his hair cut (what you don't have your hair cut at random roadside salons?) and then we retired for the night. Now we are going to grab a bite to eat and head to New Mexico. We will continue to drive safe and sanitary. Hope you are well.

Have you ever been to Colorado or New Mexico? If so what did you think?

9 comments:

affectioknit said...

When Scout was little we always made sure to stop in time for a visit to the pool...still do as a matter of fact...

Have a lovely trip!

PS...I loved the "safe and sanitary" story over at your Mom's blog...

Rachel said...

I went on a family vacation as a little girl to New Mexico one winter. That's where I learned to ski. I used to live in Colorado for about 4 years in my early 20's. It is beautiful!! I miss the mountains.

Anne Marie said...

I love both Colorado and New Mexico! Glad you are having a safe and sanitary trip! :o)

Susan Struck said...

Yes, as a matter of fact I have been to those states. I am grateful to Colorado for being my birthplace. I am especially grateful to New Mexico as that is where you found Eric. I really can't imagine our family without him.

We miss you already. Your house is fine and Bumblebee is doing quite well. Have fun!

Allen said...

Drive safe and sanitary.

Emily said...

Our kids have as much fun at hotel pools as they would at Disney World. Glad you are safe. And sanitary.
PS-- I have a maternity swimsuit you can have if you want to swing by! ;)

Roxanne said...

What do you mean by safe and "sanitary" I never heard of that expression before.
Cordelia looks like she loves the water.

Bettina said...

What a great family trip. Cordelia looks so happy!

Roxanne said...

I am going over to your mom's blog to find out what "safe and sanitary" means!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...