I was looking for some kind of pilaf recipe online and there were a ton of recipes on pinterest, but none of them quite did it for me. I spotted one in a magazine (not sure of the magazine) and took note of the ingredients which had a good combo of salty and sweet and then just kind of did my own thing from there.
- 1 c. tri-color (just for fun) Israeli couscous
- 1/2 c. salted roasted almonds (you can find them at the store or make them yourself), chopped
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4-1/2 c. dried cranberries
- Cook the couscous according to directions.
- When the couscous is done put everything into a serving bowl and toss to combine.
- Serve warm or cold.