Monday, April 9, 2012

Vegan Recipe: Couscous Salad with Salted and Roasted Almonds and Cranberries

Today is a special 4 part Easter review post. I am posting 3 vegan recipes and one Easter review. Scroll up and down to see it all!

I was looking for some kind of pilaf recipe online and there were a ton of recipes on pinterest, but none of them quite did it for me. I spotted one in a magazine (not sure of the magazine) and took note of the ingredients which had a good combo of salty and sweet and then just kind of did my own thing from there.

couscous

Ingredients
  • 1 c. tri-color (just for fun) Israeli couscous
  • 1/2 c. salted roasted almonds (you can find them at the store or make them yourself), chopped
  • 1 tsp. olive oil
  • 2 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
  • 1/4-1/2 c. dried cranberries

Directions

  • Cook the couscous according to directions.
  • When the couscous is done put everything into a serving bowl and toss to combine.
  • Serve warm or cold.

6 comments:

affectioknit said...

YUM...again...and I have Isreali Couscous in the pantry...

Kate W. said...

Dumb question from the non-cook here . . . is the 1 C. of couscous before it's cooked or after? And is it better warm or cold? I've had cold couscous salad . . . . am wondering how it would taste warm. Your mom raved about it, so have to know how you served it! :)

Maria Rose said...

Kate...cook 1 c. of dried couscous. I served it at room temp and this was the first time I had made it.

Renard Moreau said...

[ Smiles ] Most impressive!

Thanks for the lovely vegan recipe, Maria.

Audrey said...

This is something I'm going to have to try...thanks for the recipe!

Audrey said...

Mmmm...this is something I'm going to have to try. Thanks for the recipe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...