Monday, April 9, 2012

Vegan Recipe: Lemon Asparagus

Today is a 4 post day! I am posting 3 recipes and 1 Easter review. Be sure to scroll up and down to check it all out! Here is my recipe for Lemon Asparagus! My husband loves asparagus and I like it just fine. So I do make it with some regularity. My usual M.O. is to grill it and add olive oil, lemon juice and salt. I thought I would up the ante just a bit by sautéing and adding some pine nuts, watch out!

Asparagus

Ingredients
  • 2 bunches of asparagus, trimmed and then cut into bite sized pieces
  • 1 Tbs. olive oil
  • 1/4 c. toasted pine nuts (put on baking sheet at 325 F for about 5 minutes).
  • 1/2 lemon (use the other half for drinks), juice only
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions

  • Heat oil in a large skillet
  • Add the asparagus and cook until tender---stirring occasionally. Less than 10 minutes.
  • Add the pine nuts and the lemon juice. Salt and pepper to taste. Toss and serve.

2 comments:

affectioknit said...

YUM!

Carole said...

Hi there, this is a really nice post about asparagus. It would be great if you linked to it in my Food on Friday series. This week it is about all things asparagus. Food on Friday

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...