Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Dubois

I was so excited to share the big things from Dubois (dew-boyz) that I forgot to share much about our trip. The family went up to Northern Wyoming just for a nice weekend trip/ Eric had a work conference. Dubois (dew-boyz) is located just an hour or so from the Tetons and Yellowstone. Alas we didn't have time to re-visit those beautiful areas, but thankfully the small town had its own charm.

We stayed in an absolutely adorable and spotlessly clean two bedroom cabin. The place was so charming, even the little fireplace was made with reclaimed bricks. Of course this wasn't exactly a rustic cabin, it had direct TV and WiFi, along with a fridge and microwave, so we were all set.

Thankfully I had the foresight to realize that there probably wouldn't be a lot of vegan restaurant options for us. I packed food for the whole weekend and we just ate in the hotel. We saved a bundle of money and most certainly had more balanced meals.

Most of the trip was really mellow. We wandered around the town, following river trails and such. Spring is just beginning up there and it was fun to see the new growth. Here are just a few random photos from our trip.

flower

river

fence

sitting on a bench

swing

shadows

I think this will probably be the last trip for a while. I am not due until July, but I couldn't help but notice how very far away from...well everything, we were. Normally that is fine and dandy, but I am at that point where I feel a bit more comfortable staying closer to home.

Do you have summer travel plans?

5 comments:

Roxanne said...

I love the fact that dandelions can grow just about anywhere! Such a hardy flower. (yes, it's a "weed" but a flower nonetheless! HeeHee)

Emily said...

Sounds like a wonderful and relaxing trip! :)

affectioknit said...

Sounds like the perfect trip to me...love the pronunciation of Dew-boys...

~Have a lovely day!

Maria Rose said...

Roxanne, I love dandelions too. A person in our neighborhood had a lush green yard suddenly overtaken, completely, by them. Before they had them all killed it was such a happy looking lawn!

Susan Struck said...

I am more comfortable having you close to home as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...