Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Projects: Clay and Link to My Guest Tutorial

 IMG_6823

Now that my grades are turned in it is officially summer. While I am still working, preparing for a fall semester with a newborn, I decided that I need a little crafting time. So yesterday while Cordelia took her afternoon nap I broke out the polymer clay and got to work. I was totally inspired by the book Microcrafts in which they show how to make the lollipop and cupcake, but I didn't really follow their directions. I just looked at the picture and came up with my own thing.

IMG_6808
Cupcakes waiting to be made into jewelry

IMG_6812
Lollipops waiting to be made into earrings

Inspired by the success of the lollipop and cupcake designs I began to wonder what other small food I could make. So I made a couple of ice cream cones and then watermelon.

IMG_6815
Ice cream cones, don't worry they are soy ice cream cones (wink)

IMG_6813
Adorable watermelon slices

Finally I made some roses to finish off the crafting.

IMG_6821
A variety of roses that will find their way into some jewelry

IMG_6807
The whole she-bang on display.

Also, I have a lot of people wonder how I make clay roses and quite frankly it couldn't be easier. Hope on over to Kirsten's Kitchen for a look at my guest tutorial where I detail how to make clay roses.

5 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Very cute! The watermelon looks good enough to eat. I've been working with polymer clay for at least 15 years, and it is so much fun. Some of the best stuff ever invented!

affectioknit said...

Awesomely CUTE!

~Have a lovely day!

Emily said...

Very cute! I think the watermelons are my favorite!

elizabeth said...

looks like lots of colorful fun. :)

Roxanne said...

You have inspired me and when I get paid in a few days I will get the materials to start on what I have created many years ago, but stopped because of not being able to sell. But now with the internet and "stores" like ETSY etc... I may give it another go!
P.S. I love the soy icecream cones!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...