Sunday, July 22, 2012

Happy Birthday Brother!

Interrupting the regular Sunday quote for the 19th birthday of my youngest brother Sam!

Sam

Today is the anniversary of the birth of my youngest brother. I have the unusual perspective of having been old enough to really remember Sam's actual birthday with clarity. I was 12 when he was born. The events of that day are etched into my mind, the day that my family was completed.

A bit about Sam...
  • Sam has some serious observational skills. He has this ability to see people as they are, it's kind of unnerving and amazing at the same time.
  • He is an extremely talented musician and is largely self-taught.
  • Sam is a loyal friend. He has friendships that have been in place for much of his life. I think that says a lot about a person.
  • He regularly wears unmatched socks. I like that.
  • He is 6'4"...that is really tall. My baby brother ended up being the tallest member of our family.
  • He is extremely intelligent. He is one of those guys that pulls startling facts and has a wealth of knowledge. He also has an inquisitive mind, which I truly admire in a person.
  • He has a great sense of humor and has this understated way of joining in a conversation with a super witty/ridiculous pun.
  • He once created his own video game from scratch! Do you know how to do that? Yeah, me neither.
  • He is a super-fan of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. He is finally going to see them in concert this September and I think his brain will melt a bit.
  • He has amassed an extensive catalog of ridiculous nicknames...the most recent being "Blades"
  • He is a great uncle. While he is rightfully intimidated by the mysteries of the newborn he really is an amazing uncle, taking time to just play and interact. This morning Cordelia said, "Happy birthday Uncle Sammy." Awwww
Happy birthday Sam! I love you so much!!!

2 comments:

glutenfreehappytummy.com said...

aw, happy birthday Sam!

Susan Struck said...

I love that photo of Sam!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...