Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Bumblebee

B and E

Bumblebee has this obnoxious habit of going into Cordelia's room at some time between 5:30 and 6am. Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but she goes and snuffles on Cordelia until she wakes up, starting a chain reaction and before you know it we are all bleary eyed and awake. I thought this was Bumblebee's cunning way of getting herself let out and fed, but recently I realized it was something far sweeter.

Last night as I lay in bed I heard the familiar click-clack of Bumblebee's too long nails (cutting them is such an awful chore for all parties involved...you wanna cut her nails for me? Please) on the floor. When she got to the end of the hall I expected to hear her nail clacking continue on into our room and to her dog bed. Instead she wandered into Cordelia's room for a moment, then into our room where she plopped into her bed with a satisfied sigh.

When I woke at 2am to feed Elise, Bumblebee was there, wagging. Then she wandered into Cordelia's room for a moment and back to bed with the same contented sigh. I realized that she hasn't been trying to wake Cordelia up as part of a cunning plan to annoy us, she is checking in on Cordelia. Awww

I knew, of course, that she keeps an eye on all of us. When I am changing Elise, Bumblebee is there, keeping an eye on things. She is always joyful when any of us return after leaving the house. She runs laps, barking with joy, when we go out to the backyard---her domain. She worries when any of the little ones cry. She even seems to know when I am upset, suddenly she is there right next to me.

I love this dog.

8 comments:

Valerie said...

Maybe it's pregnancy hormones and maybe not, but this post made me cry! We have a two year old dog Leah who we're hoping reacts well to having a new babe in the house. I hope she feels protective like that too. How sweet!

Victoria said...

Our pups keep us connected...always to what is important :)

glutenfreehappytummy.com said...

oh my gosh that is the sweetest thing EVER! wow, what a good dog:)

wyowolfpack said...

I love your dog, too! I also adore this picture and Elise's super cute onesie!

Roxanne said...

That's why they're called "man's best friend"! (man meaning human beings...)

Susan Struck said...

I remember coming into your home with you when Cordy was just a baby. I was used to Bumblebee being excited to see me but after Cordy was born, she first went to sniff and greet her. It was sweet!

Kirstens Kitchen said...

Bumblebee sounds like an amazing companion. Makes me miss our Naquoya.

Stacy said...

Dogs are special, aren't they? Rosy has been more attentive lately it seems....usually just wen the extra love feels just right! I'm so grateful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...