Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Project: Treasure Box

Cordelia has recently started accumulating her own treasures. I do have a box of keepsakes for her, but those are for things that I don't really want her rifling through at this point in time. So I decided she needed her own treasure box, a place where she can put her ever rotating collection of treasures.

treasure box 1

We went to the local craft store and I had her pick out an unfinished box of her choosing. Next I had her choose 2 paint colors for the box. I had assumed she would choose pink and purple as she has become quite a girlie girl, so it was a fun surprise when she chose orange and teal.

treasure box 2

treasure box 3

I painted the exterior of the box orange and painted her name in teal. The interior of the box I painted withe the teal. Next we added her treasures which include drawings letters, stickers and some photos. Now she can add to and remove as her interests change along the way.

8 comments:

wyowolfpack said...

What a wonderful idea! I think I know what our weekend project will be!

glutenfreehappytummy.com said...

what a fun idea! i love the way you decorated it:)

sara said...

cute idea!

Susan Struck said...

You continue to impress and delight me with your excellent mothering!

Love, Mom

Kate said...

We're doing this as well! Although, my clever Mister is making our kids' boxes (shh, they don't know), and we're saving them for a cold winter's day. I'm excited to see what my babes most treasure.

Rachel said...

how I love this!! velda is always collecting little things she finds along the way. we have a few small boxes in her room that she stores things in but i really like this personalized box that can hold a bit more. can't wait to get one for V.

Victoria said...

So cute. I made a scrapbook for Sean when he was that age. His 3-D collections ended up in his pockets! Rock Boy!!

Victoria said...

...oh and wouldn't it be cute to rescue a vintage cosmetic suitcase for this purpose..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...