Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Kindness Bandit: For the Newly Born

kb

I know it has been a while since I have done a Kindness Bandit post, but I am back in action with a big effort, a joint effort. My mother and I have been collecting baby clothes that go on the clearance racks. We have had some amazing finds and have gotten together quite a stash in each of our homes. Yesterday it was time to rid ourselves of the mountains of baby clothes that we've hoarded over the last 6 months or so.

My mother brought her stash over to my house and together, with Cordelia, we put together 16 bags full of baby gifts!! The packages included onesies, winter clothes, crocheted hats (made by me), blankets and more. We did the same thing after Cordelia was born, sort of a thank you to the world.

kb

Packing our bags

kb

We loaded up the truck and drove to the hospital to make our delivery. Along the way we explained to Cordelia what we were doing and why, sort of planting the seed. We all marched into the hospital, made a quick drop and were on our merry way, Kindness Bandit style.

6 comments:

Carmen said...

Thats beautiful and oh so kind :)

glutenfreehappytummy.com said...

aww what a beautiful act of kindness! way to plant the seed:)

Emily said...

You ladies rock! All three of you! :)

wyowolfpack said...

What a wonderful idea! Where did you leave the bags in the hospital? I love your Kindness Bandit stuff. In Judaism, a good deed is referred to a "mitzvah" and linked to a really lovely concept called "tikkun olam" which means "to heal the world." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tikkun_olam

affectioknit said...

So kind!

~Have a lovely day!

AKM said...

AH. Love it.

(And I love mitzvahs and the concept of tikkun olam. Hi, wyowolfpack!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...