- Manicotti noodles. 6-8, cooked until al dente
- 1 package extra firm tofu, drained
- 1/4 c. vegan cream cheese
- tiny squeeze of lemon juice 1/2-1 tsp.
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1/2. tsp. Italian herbs...but fresh herbs are way better
- 3 Tbs. nutritional yeast
- 1/2 c. pureed cauliflower or whatever veggie combo you like (baby food would work too if you are too
lazybusy to make your own puree), but white is best
- 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce or approximately 2 c. of your favorite homemade sauce
- 1 c. any veggies you have languishing in your fridge, cooked--pureed if you have or are a picky eater.
- 2/3 c. Vegan shredded cheese
- 1/4 c. sliced olives
- Preheat oven to 350F. While your manicotti noodles are cooking pull out a big bowl and put in your tofu. This is a great spot to have a young helper...mash the tofu, squishing it between your hands or use a fork if you prefer to remain tidy. Add the vegan cream cheese, lemon juice, garlic, herbs, nutritional yeast, and cauliflower. Mix and mash until combined
- In a saucepan warm the spaghetti sauce and add any extra veggies or veggie purees of your choosing (we like mushrooms, zucchini, broccoli, spinach, squash...whatever looks good will probably work). Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Grab a casserole dish large enough to hold 8 manicotti noodles with some wiggle room for other ingredients. Put about 1/3 of the sauce in and spread evenly across the bottom.
- When the noodles are drained and cooled (run some cool water over them) enough to handle spoon each noodle full of the tofu mixture and place it into the dish. Repeat until you have all noodles finished.
- spread the remaining sauce over the noodles. If you have any extra tofu mixture spoon that over the top as well. spread the vegan cheese over all of it. Sprinkle sliced olives evenly over everything.
- Pop it in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.---Eat and enjoy.