Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Sharing

When I am out with my girls I cannot help but notice that we garner a certain amount of attention from the general population. I notice many a kind smile or a chuckle as Cordelia says something ridiculously charming. A few people can barely restrain themselves from grabbing Elise's tiny baby feet or hands (for the record it is a bit creepy to have a stranger try to touch my sleeping baby).  Sometimes people gaze or even point at us. I always have to check my nose and make sure I didn't tuck my dress in before I realize that, of course, they are just admiring these little ladies that I love so very much. Occasionally people will approach to ask a question about one of the girls and/or to give me a compliment on them. I am genuinely touched by these small moments of kindness and connection.

I am not sure what it is about children, but for some reason they seem to possess some special magic that others long to draw upon. Perhaps people are remembering their own children or just taking a look into a world that they will never know. I really can't put my finger on it, but I am certainly happy to let people share, for just a moment, in the absolute gift it is to be the the presence of vibrant youth.

elise

elise

6 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Oh, my goodness...just too, too cute! Wah, I want my baby back! The teenager is fun in her own way, but I sure miss her little self sometimes. ;o)

Emily said...

Thanks for sharing them with us! That smiling baby girl of yours made me smile too. :)

Kate said...

I must admit that while I abhor being noticed, touched, or heard, I love when my babes are appreciated thusly.

Susan said...

Oh, those photos are so precious!

Kirstens Kitchen said...

so super cute! love her hair :)

wyowolfpack said...

Elise is looking more and more like you everyday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...