Thursday, September 27, 2012

7 Year Adoptiversary

Seven years ago this week I spent a rainy morning in an art history graduate course called, The Goddess in Art. While the course was never a thrill ride it was particularly dull on that day. I kept looking at the clock as the minute hand circled the clock s-l-o-w-l-y. I tried to take notes, but in the margins of my notebook I drew pictures of the Venus of Willendorf walking a basset hound. You see the day had finally arrived and the moment class ended I would run out of the art building to the waiting car wherein Eric and I would drive to the Aurora Animal Shelter and adopt Bumblebee!

I remember the agonizingly long drive to the pound. The staff, who knew how excited we were, called us again as we drove over just to make sure we knew we could pick her up.  Ha ha, if only they knew how excited we were...
Read the rest of the story here.

Bumblebee
I know this picture is a repeat, but it makes me happy

Now seven years have passed. Bumblebee has been with us through 4 rentals and finally a house with a yard. She has been my constant companion for seven years. She has been by my side through pregnancy, up in the night with me as I was up with the girls. We have taken walks together nearly every day for the past seven years. She celebrates our return from an outing, even if we were gone for 10 minutes. She is so very dear to us. Happy adoptiversary to Bumblebee!

4 comments:

Sarah Purdy said...

You've certainly got a sweet, sweet doggie there. You picked a good one. Happy adoptiversary!

elizabeth said...

bumblebee makes me smile, too. :)

affectioknit said...

I love that picture!

Happy Adoptiversary!

Stacy said...

Yay for Bumblebee! Happy adoptiversary!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...