Thursday, November 15, 2012

Makeover

Last night we had about an hour until the girls were to go down for bed. We had played, read, rolled around on the floor, etc. We needed something new to do. I was standing in front of the mirror with Elise
(she happens to find herself mesmerizing) when it hit me. I needed a makeover and I needed it fast.

I hurried down to the kitchen where Cordelia was finishing up a project with Eric. I asked her if she'd like to do my makeup. She was thrilled at the prospect as she has quite a fascination with makeup.

We went up to the bathroom and I let her follow her heart. When she was done she declared that I looked like a conductor(?). Here is my new look...

makeover

makeover

When is the last time you updated your look?

8 comments:

Sarah Purdy said...

This is awesome! You look less like a conductor and more like you've been in a bar fight. Which is sometimes what motherhood is like, isn't it? I'm not sure my daughter knows much about makeup since her mother wears it maybe 2x/year and applies it so poorly that it usually looks like bad stage makeup. Luckily, she has a fairy grandmother who loves all things festive and will surely (invalidate?) ... counteract my tomboyish lessons (which seem to fall on deaf, sparkly princess ears anyway.)

Anne Marie said...

I love it!! :o)

Michelle said...

I think maybe I'd refuse to get on any vehicle you were conducting on for fear I'd end up in Zombieville!

Or, perhaps, Cordelia meant an orchestra conductor, in which case it wouldn't matter because your back would be to the audience.

Anyway, I'm sure Cordelia was very proud of her work. I'm also certain she will have many good laughs in the future when she looks at these photos. They certainly gave me a great chuckle!

Kate said...

Gorgeous as usual! Cordelia has a talented eye.

lovekudzu said...

I love it!! You're such a good mommy!

Susan said...

You look abused...no offense..
Bless your heart.

Roxanne said...

Cordelia, you outdid yourself this time! What a colorful job!

eLiZaBeTh said...

awesome. As a former make-up artist, I think that she did a stellar job :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...