Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Interview

cordelia
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving here in the U.S. I think this is the first year that Cordelia really has a sense of what it's all about. I thought it would be timely to have a little interview with my sweet 3 year old girl and see what she makes of this holiday. So I set up at the breakfast table (she takes fooooreeever to eat) and I asked her questions while she lingered over her breakfast.

Me: What day is it tomorrow?
Cordelia: Sunday!
Me: Um no, not Sunday.
Cordelia: Monday!
Me: What holiday is it?
Cordelia: Thanksgiving!!!(You may notice a lot of exclamation points, she was feeling exclamatory)
Me: Yes, and what is Thanksgiving?
Cordelia: It's where we give something to everybody who needs something.
Me: That's nice. What are we going to do to celebrate?
Cordelia: (Here she zoned out on a W related craft project that was sitting on the table) Well---a W, it goes up and down, up and down.
Me: What are we going to do to celebrate Thanksgiving?
Cordelia: We dress up!
Me: That's right. Do you remember who we're having dinner with?
Cordelia: Sadie!!! Sadie and the Wolfpack! (Here she begins chanting "Sadie and the Wolkfpack")
Me: Yes. Do you remember what we call it when we eat a lot of food?
Cordelia: Snack...um...uh...feast! Feast, fuh-fuh-fuh-fuh feast (she dances in her seat)!
Me: Will you help me make some food?
Cordelia: Yes momma, I will help you prepare some food.
Me: So... what kinds of things are you thankful for?
Cordelia: You and you (points to Eric)
Cordelia: What are you thankful for daddy?
Eric: My precious daughter (giving her a hug and a smooch).
Cordelia: Write that on my list. I am thankful for my daddy.
Me: Sweet. What other things are you thankful for?
Cordelia: Oranges, orange juice, pants, Elise, trees, a star, a cup, burritos, a plate, Bumblebee, Ophelia, Mia, and ME! I love my family. I love Grandma, Grandpa, Sam, Ben, Sara, the cats, Bode-----and my family who lives in another house.
Me: Happy Thanksgiving Cordelia.
Cordelia: Happy Thanksgiving.

I hope you have a thankful holiday tomorrow!

7 comments:

Sarah Purdy said...

I'm thankful for the Wimmers. Looking forward to our snack/feast/gorgefest tomorrow! I may have to steal your interview idea.

Mason-Jezek Journal said...

I am thankful for so much this year, but some of the things I'm thankful for are you, your family, your blog, your friendship, and the way you inspire me on a daily basis. :)

Anne Marie said...

Too cute! One of these days you are going to have to get her interview on video, so we can all see that silly, sweet girl doing her thing. :o)

Roxanne said...

I am thankful for my mother who gave me the money to buy a condo Apartment) In cash. From the sale of the house I used to live in. So no mortgage necessary.
I move in January! New year, new life!

Mom said...

Oh, that is so, so sweet. Coincidentally, I am thankful for the same things for which she is thankful... and MORE!

Victoria said...

Happy Thanksgiving dear ones!

Clare said...

So sweet! Happy Thanksgiving!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...