Tomorrow is Thanksgiving here in the U.S. I think this is the first year that Cordelia really has a sense of what it's all about. I thought it would be timely to have a little interview with my sweet 3 year old girl and see what she makes of this holiday. So I set up at the breakfast table (she takes fooooreeever to eat) and I asked her questions while she lingered over her breakfast.
Me: What day is it tomorrow?
Cordelia: Sunday!
Me: Um no, not Sunday.
Cordelia: Monday!
Me: What holiday is it?
Cordelia: Thanksgiving!!!(You may notice a lot of exclamation points, she was feeling exclamatory)
Me: Yes, and what is Thanksgiving?
Cordelia: It's where we give something to everybody who needs something.
Me: That's nice. What are we going to do to celebrate?
Cordelia: (Here she zoned out on a W related craft project that was sitting on the table) Well---a W, it goes up and down, up and down.
Me: What are we going to do to celebrate Thanksgiving?
Cordelia: We dress up!
Me: That's right. Do you remember who we're having dinner with?
Cordelia: Sadie!!! Sadie and the Wolfpack! (Here she begins chanting "Sadie and the Wolkfpack")
Me: Yes. Do you remember what we call it when we eat a lot of food?
Cordelia: Snack...um...uh...feast! Feast, fuh-fuh-fuh-fuh feast (she dances in her seat)!
Me: Will you help me make some food?
Cordelia: Yes momma, I will help you prepare some food.
Me: So... what kinds of things are you thankful for?
Cordelia: You and you (points to Eric)
Cordelia: What are you thankful for daddy?
Eric: My precious daughter (giving her a hug and a smooch).
Cordelia: Write that on my list. I am thankful for my daddy.
Me: Sweet. What other things are you thankful for?
Cordelia: Oranges, orange juice, pants, Elise, trees, a star, a cup, burritos, a plate, Bumblebee, Ophelia, Mia, and ME! I love my family. I love Grandma, Grandpa, Sam, Ben, Sara, the cats, Bode-----and my family who lives in another house.
Me: Happy Thanksgiving Cordelia.
Cordelia: Happy Thanksgiving.
I hope you have a thankful holiday tomorrow!

7 comments:
I'm thankful for the Wimmers. Looking forward to our snack/feast/gorgefest tomorrow! I may have to steal your interview idea.
I am thankful for so much this year, but some of the things I'm thankful for are you, your family, your blog, your friendship, and the way you inspire me on a daily basis. :)
Too cute! One of these days you are going to have to get her interview on video, so we can all see that silly, sweet girl doing her thing. :o)
I am thankful for my mother who gave me the money to buy a condo Apartment) In cash. From the sale of the house I used to live in. So no mortgage necessary.
I move in January! New year, new life!
Oh, that is so, so sweet. Coincidentally, I am thankful for the same things for which she is thankful... and MORE!
Happy Thanksgiving dear ones!
So sweet! Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment