Friday, January 4, 2013

Confessions: Body Anomalies

confessions2

First confessional post of the new year. Feel free to join me. It feels gooooood!

  • I do not have a Meckel's diverticulum or an appendix (both the organ and the supplementary material at the end of a book). I had them removed as part of an extreme weight loss plan...oh wait, maybe it was a surgical necessity when I was 5...either way they are gone.
  • I can touch my nose with my tongue. I do not do this when I have bad breath. Lesson learned my friend, lesson learned.
  • I am not sure if I have previously confessed this, but I have 6 (4 full fledged and two halfsies) double jointed toes. I inherited this trait from my mother's side of the family and I passed it along to my girls. I am proud of this.
  • I was once kicked in the face by a horse and I have the brain damage scar on my chin to prove it.
  • My hair is curly underneath and straight on top. When I get my hair cut this is about the only hair related topic I can cover with the stylist before lapsing into an uncomfortable silence.
  • I spent a summer (embarrassingly I was an adult) trying to train myself to be ambidextrous. I was not successful. 
  • I have two top wisdom teeth that I hope to keep until my death at the age of 116 (or older). The teeth made their appearance in 2001. The dentist has confirmed that there are no bottom wisdom teeth....why? Why?!
  • I have small ears. I like to think they are adorably tiny and not freak show tiny. 
  • I once bit through my own lip because I am so hardcore was in a car accident.
  • I have had several piercings (what I come from the 90s), but currently only my ears are pierced.
OK I could keep going, but I think it is getting weird. Join me?

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I, too, have my top wisdom teeth, but not the bottom ones. They just never came in.

And, I have never had any dental work done, save the extraction of one of my canines which there was no room for. So, the oldest of my teeth are 65 years old, the youngest (wisdom) about 51. Gotta love both genetics and the natural flouride in the water when I was growing up!

Marie Roxanne said...

I have all 4 wisdom teeth pulled out all at the same time. The dentist wanted to do one side one week and the other side the next week. I told him "no" why would I want to go through that kind of pain twice? Especially since he had to surgically remove them because they were growing sideways into the other teeth. So I only had to eat mashed potatoes and pudding for one week instead of two.
I don't have my tonsils since I was 2 years old. The doctor didn't want to do it because I was too tiny... but every two weeks I would get tonsillitis, so he did it and had my mom sign a waiver. This was in the middle 60's... oh no, now you know my age! LOL

Sarah Purdy said...

I had all of my wisdom teeth out when I was 18. Josh drove me home and when I slurred a bloody mouthed "I looooove you," he knew that I was the girl for him.

Kirsteen Murray said...

So glad I'm not the only one who runs out of things to say to the hairdresser quite quickly! My hair is also curlier underneath than the top.

As for wisdom teeth, I have two bottom and one top. They all came through about 10 years ago and I've never asked my dentist if the other one is there or not! I'm hoping not actually!

Stacy said...

I have a scar on my foot from when my friend's horse stepped on it and wouldn't move. I think we might be horse scar sisters. Just saying...

Amber said...

My hair is also curly on the bottom and straight on top. I hated it when I was growing up, but now I embrace the curly and curl all of my hair (sometimes). The bonus of my hair is I normally don't have to wear hairspray to hold the curl.

I do not have any wisdom teeth. This was confirmed at the dentist when I was in high school.

I have had scoliosis since I was in 7th grade. Sometimes people in church have asked me--do you have a crooked spine? Yes, yes I do.

AKM said...

I have one straight thumb and one "hitchhiker" thumb. I only had three wisdom teeth, and I never had a cavity until my late twenties. My hair was stick-straight as a kid, and it's wavy now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...