Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Oh, and have you noticed...?

Budding branches

Last night I was on my way to a meeting just as the sun was setting. I happened to look up into the sky and noticed that the branches of the tree, named Aardvark by Cordelia, were just bristling with life. There were fat buds on the branches. Soon they will start to pour out baby green leaves and then, just like that, spring will be upon us.

Oh I am really looking forward to those beautiful pink and purple and white blossoms that seem to bring in spring with such joy. Just another month and there will be tulips popping up from beneath last year's dead leaves, the ones that blew in after our insane yard rake up. I can almost smell the fresh lilac that grows around our house.

I cannot wait for the obnoxious cacphony of spring birds that chatter in the early morning hours. I am absolutely thirsty for spring rains, evening walks, longer days, and GARDENING! I am so eager to get outside with my girls, play in the dirt, look at plants and enjoy. I can't wait to have Cordelia really help with the planting and tending this year. I am overjoyed at the thought of Elise's dimpled legs luxuriating in the soft green grasses. I am thinking about lunches on the back patio, afternoons on a blanket in the yard, blowing bubbles, chalk drawing....oh and just all of it.

So, I think it goes without saying that my springtime vigil has begun!

* Also, I just wanted to thank you all for you kind words and support yesterday. I cannot tell you how much it meant to me.

6 comments:

Stacy said...

I'm so ready for spring too!!

Anne Marie said...

Ooooh, I am right there with you! Major case of spring fever here. I am loving that the days are getting longer! It's so nice to still have some light when I'm on my way home in the evenings after the cleaning job. Makes such a huge difference!

What are you going to grow in your garden this year? I always dream about growing way more stuff than I have room for.

affectioknit said...

The daffodils are budding up here...so different from ND where winter lasted well into April...here it seems it will be over before March...

~Have a lovely day!

Sarah Purdy said...

I have been so excited for spring too! I've been noticing the sunrises are coming earlier in the morning and have been just beautiful. When the sky is painted with pinks, purples and golds, it just makes the day so much more hopeful.

Kate said...

I have! I have noticed! I'm SO excited! Trying to enjoy the days I have, but ever sooo eager for the days to come as well!

Clare said...

Did you know that each full moon has it's own name everyong year. January wa the full wolf moon, february is the full snow moon...but I have to say November is my favorite, you should google it. Moon names thrill my soul....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...