Wednesday, March 20, 2013

SPRING!


 bets

broccoli and pumpkin

peas

Spring is here! Are you as excited as I am? I am kind of freaking out about it. I am so excited to plant my garden this year! We moved here in 2011 and it was a little late to do any major gardening. Then last year I started two raised beds, but kept things pretty limited as I was expecting to be out of commission with a newborn for much of the summer. This year I am ready! I have seedlings going. I am eagerly awaiting the last snow. I have compost waiting to spread and I have plans! PLANZ

peas
What about you, do you garden? Any words of wisdom?

5 comments:

affectioknit said...

Awesome sprouts!...we'll be growing tomatoes in those upside basket thingies...from our top deck...as the deer will eat absolutely everything else...

...maybe I'll try some upside down cucumbers too...

~Have a lovely day!

Sarah Purdy said...

Nice looking planties! I always get super excited about yard work and plants in May and June and then end up hating it by July (usually after I've forgotten to water, let them fry in the sun and brought them back from the dead in dryer, sparser, uglier versions). So, I'll just do a few pots and call it good!

Pam Brewer said...

I love digging in the dirt, as well. I'm careful not to overwhelm myself as then it quickly becomes a chore, rather than fun. As a child I spent most of the summers weeding a huge garden and it wa NOT fun. It's just been in the past 5 years or so that I've been able to find the joy in gardening. Now I can't wait to plant!

Court Dan said...

My sweet husband has already planted a huge garden. And I can't wait to post pictures of our yellow roses... I seem to only be able to take them... like writing letters. I write them but then never get them mailed, doh!

Marie Roxanne said...

I have a balcony and will try my hand at pot gardening.
Hope it won't be too heavy and doesn't break the balcony...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...