Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Nature Hike

Yesterday was another gorgeous spring day here in Wyoming and I was itching to get out with my girls. There is a great easy trail a couple of miles from our home at the Audubon Center. So we loaded up and we hit the road for a nice little escape from town.

Nature hike

Nature hike
Cordelia put on her owl backpack, an appropriate choice in hindsight, and I strapped Elise into the Maya Wrap and we were on our way. The Audubon Center was simply busy with birds. So we enjoyed a little bird watching as we followed the trail.

Nature hike
When Cordelia spotted this tree with her number three, it was her number, she wanted to pose for a pic.

Nature hike
The ground was just starting to green up and the mountains in the distance still held snow.

Nature hike
We even found a bird's nest with eggs. It was close to the ground so Cordelia was able to peer in and see the eggs. We left the nest undisturbed after just a quick look.

Nature hike
Both girls were absolutely entranced by the creek which was full of the newly melted snow.

We listened to the bird calls which were ringing out from all directions. Cordelia started following tracks made by some cows and was proud to identify cow poop.

After about an hour we were back at the car. I allowed Cordelia to choose a few rocks from the lot for her collection. I wouldn't let her take rocks from the trail as I know Audubon is all about preserving nature. I figured the pebbles in the lot were fair game.




7 comments:

Michelle said...

What a lovely day!

Marie Roxanne said...

That is such a nice walk, and the eggs were a great find! It's great to leave nature as is...
I like the tree with "her number" on it. I use to like the number 3 now I like 4...

GraceWon said...

Maria,
I am trying to get in touch with you regarding permission to use one of your photos of Eric and Cordelia. Please email me at kmitchell@soldierswish.org
Thanks so much.
Kristal Mitchell

Sarah Purdy said...

What a nice way to spend the day! I have fond memories of when we took both girls to that trail.

Mom said...

I love that trail! I wish I could have gone with you. I'm glad you and the girls got to do that.

Stacy said...

Walks like that is the best....glad you had the chance to get out!

elizabeth said...

hurray for spring-time and sweet girls and baby grass! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...