Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Weekend to End All Weekends (Monster Blog Part 2)

So, after Saturday we needed a little rest right? WRONG! It was Father's Day AND our 12 year wedding anniversary so we did it up right.

After church in the morning we drove to Independence Rock, following my parents and Sam, where we met for a Father's Day picnic and hike. We all poured out of the two vehicles...Elise, Cordelia, Eric, myself, Bumblebee, Betty Sprinkles, my mother, my father, my brother Sam, and Bode their dog. We ate some lunch packed by my superhero mother.

Sad and Elise
My dad and Elise

Mom
My mother

Eric
Eric, the father of our daughters

Sam and Eric
Sam and Eric at the picnic

After lunch it was over to check out Independence Rock. You can climb it (and likely fall to your death) or walk around it. I have a a fear of heights, but I did plan to climb...until I tried to do it with a baby in my arms, a three year old to worry about and two basset hounds. No chance!

 indep rock

 So my mother and I strolled around the rock, climbing up the lower portions, with the dogs and girls. My dad, Eric, and Sam all decided to hike the rock.

 WY

 indep rock

indep rock

indep rock

 dad and Sam at indep rock

Weekend

My mother, the girls and I all found a great spot to chillax in the shade.

Weekend

Weekend

Eventually we made it to a shallow creek. Heavenly. By then my dad and Bode had caught up with us (Eric and Sam still conquering the rock). We all got into that creek and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly!

Weekend

 Weekend

Weekend

Weekend

Weekend

Wait, there's more. My mom posted on this too!

After we all reunited and made our way back to the cars it was late afternoon. We headed home. The girls and dogs crashed in the back while Eric and I chatted.

When we got home we cleaned up and drove the whole crew over to my parent's house so Eric and I could have an anniversary dinner.

Weekend

By the time we gathered our kids and made it home we were all totally and completely exhausted. What a busy and fun weekend!

5 comments:

Marie Roxanne said...

That looks like a very fun day. And that view is a fresh way to spend a whole day. Glad you had some time for an anniversary dinner even though you had to share it "Father's Day".

Emily said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!

Mom said...

It was a fun week-end! Thanks for including us.

Court Dan said...

That looks like a fabulous day and happy anniversary! Ours was this past week too, on Monday.

Sarah Purdy said...

Most epic-est weekend EVER!! So glad you survived it unscathed! Happy anniversary! Exclamation point!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...