Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Sisterhood

I was looking through my phone last night and I couldn't help but notice that many of the photos were of my two girls, together, sisters.

I have always had a fascination with the general notion of sisters. They seemed to share a bond, a feminine connection, that I could never be a part of as a mere friend. Something about sisters, through all of the arguments I witnessed, seemed almost sacred. 

Women are often members of sisterhoods, be it through shared interests, sororities, or traveling pants (did you get my outdated pop culture reference?). Sisterhoods are great, but they are only emulating the real deal. 

I am just bearing witness to the sisterhood that Cordelia and Elise share. Where will it take them? Will they realize how far they can go if they support each other as they grow?









4 comments:

Sarah Purdy said...

I love these pictures. I've always wanted a sister.

Marie Roxanne said...

These pictures are precious. I had a brother and although I did connect with him, I always secretly thought I was adopted and had a sister out there, waiting for me. I gave my mother grief with that thinking. And I am sorry I did that to her.
I will never experience the "sisterhood" but I do appreciate the bond my brother and I had.

Stacy said...

In that last photo, they look a lot a like. Love the photos and the sisterhood. Truly special!!

Victoria said...

My sister and I would say we were "two peas in a pod" in fact, we called each other "Pea". It was our secret and everyone that heard us thought we were crazy. Ya, crazy like a sister!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...