Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Yo! It's Cold

 Eric's photo
Photo by EK Wimmer

I know there are a lot of things I could write about at this moment, but there is only one thing on my mind....IT IS COLD! Not just jacket weather. This is the kind of cold that freezes boogers you didn't know that you had lurking deep in your nostrils (you're welcome for that imagery). This is the kind of cold that make people go, "Why do I live here again?" This is the kind of cold that makes one wonder, if they stare long enough (3 seconds) without blinking, whether or not their tears will actually freeze on their eyelids. This is the kind of cold that makes that run to the grocery store seem unnecessary, who needs toilet paper anyway?

When I woke up this morning it was -17F, or -27.2C. Yep, cold. The dogs have opted out of going outside unless they absolutely must, in which case they are very quick and then come in and shiver for ten minutes.

I went outside and the air was sparkling with frozen flakes. The sky is clear and sunny, but the ice in the air has created 4 rainbows out there. It is so beautiful and so cold. I cannot help but think of Andy and Anne in Mexico today....sigh.

I will enjoy the beauty of this bitterly cold day and possibly look up tropical imagery on Pinterest during nap time.

What is it like where you are?

2 comments:

Sarah Purdy said...

It's been so cold today but the sun shining on the snow, making everything glitter is pretty gorgeous. I even heard there was a "snowbow" this morning. That would be a rainbow made out of ice crystals. Not a technical term, obvs. I didn't even know it could happen!

Marie Roxanne said...

It's cold here too, feels like -20F so yeah, cold. I always tell people "I was born in the wrong country"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...