Saturday, June 7, 2014

Vegan Coleslaw

Today I am beginning a big shift. I will be gradually moving all of the content from rooted vegan over here. The project originally began as a partnership and when my partner became too busy to contribute it fell to me to continue, but after careful consideration I have decided that it is best to just transfer everything over here and let go of the site by the end of the year. So, here is the first recipe transfer.


So I think it is safe to say we are entering coleslaw season. What I mean when I say that is, it's always coleslaw season. I know most people think vegans gave up our coleslaw card when we crossed over, but that's straight up false yo! Here is an easy and crowd pleasing coleslaw.

You'll need:
1 1/2 c shredded cabbage, toss in some carrots for good measure or just buy bagged coleslaw as I do
1/2 c vegan mayo
2 1/2 T white vinegar
2 T (more or less according to personal taste) vegan sugar

1. Pour the coleslaw into a bowl.
2. Dump everything else on top. Mix it together throrougly.
3. Let it sit in the fridge for an hour so the flavors blend.

Stay tuned, tomorrow I have a recipe that uses coleslaw. Prepare to have your mind blown.
Enjoy!
~Maria

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...