Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Project: Bed Frame Makeover

bed

When Cordelia graduated from her toddler bed to a twin bed a couple of years back I was on a quest to find a set of matching frames that were affordable. No dice. Seriously, it just seemed that everything that wasn't flimsy was insanely expensive. Naturally I started looking at thrift stores. Eventually I came upon a pair of roughed up wagon wheel type bed frames. I knew that a tiny bit of love could make these into a sweet little pair for the girls.

bedframe

So I laid out the bed frame, head board, foot board, rails. I cleaned and sanded them down and then painted a few coats of bright white in gloss. I chose white even though the girls requested pink and purple because...well, it's my house and I didn't want to...good reason right?!

bed

Easy as can be and now the girls have a matching pair. I haven't set up Elise's yet as she will be graduating from the toddler bed when she is a bit taller.

sisters

cordelia

They look sooo thrilled to have freshly painted beds. Or not. Whatever, I think they look great!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Love their "thrilled" faces! I think you did a fantastic job though!

Marie Roxanne said...

They will thank you when they're older.... LOL

Pam Brewer said...

The wagon wheels are a nice touch of Wyoming!

affectioknit said...

Very nice...the Man and his brother had those exact same beds growing up...

~Have a lovely day!

Casey Jones said...

I really like the look of that wagon wheel bed. I wonder if I could make something like that. lately I have been doing a lot of DIY projects with wooden pallets. It might be fun to see what I could do with some wagon wheels!
http://www.customwagonwheels.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...