Wow! French proficiency (not fluency mind you) finally pays off in the title of this post!
No, seriously this cake is for those of us that don't have hordes of people to feed. It is a petite blueberry cake that answers the call for something that isn't coated in frosting or too gigantic to get through. Generally we like to have a piece of cake in our house once, or perhaps twice...but those big cakes are usually just too much for us to get through. This delicious and dense cake is just the right size for a small birthday celebration.
4 T vegan margarine
1/3 c + 3T brown sugar
1 c frozen or fresh blueberries
3/4 c flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp Ener G Egg Replacer mixed with 2 T warm water
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 c vanilla almond milk
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Lightly coat a small cake or souffle pan with vegan margarine.
2. Melt 2 T of vegan margarine. Pour into the bottom of the cake pan, add 3 T brown sugar and 1 c blueberries.
3. In bowl combine the flour and salt.
4. In a separate bowl combine the egg replacer mixture, vanilla, 2 T soft margarine, and almond milk. Combine with dry ingredients and mix.
4. Pour the mixture on top of the blueberries. Bake for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
5. Immediately flip the cake out of the pan by placing a flat plate or serving dish on top of the cake pan and flipping in one quick move.