Thursday, March 19, 2015

Odds and Ends, Bits and Bobs, This and That

 


Well hello there! What a week it has been! Between work deadlines and doctors appointments and sick children and vomit...I am just about spent! Not really though, that is the weird thing, we can really take a lot and I suppose I haven't even scratched the surface, but I am not inclined to dive in any deeper now. I have kind of felt as though I don't have a complete thought rattling around in my brain, but rather lots of little snippets and nonsense. So, you're in luck! I am going to share some of the random stuff bopping around in there today.

Eric's show is coming down and he still has a few hand made skulls (above) available for sale. Send me a message if you are interested.

I recently discovered the YouTube series, Ask a Mortician. Have you seen it? I stumbled upon it while pretty much trapped on the couch with a sick kid who just needed to snuggle/nap on me and I needed a little entertainment. The series has been ongoing for several years and it is informative and also funny. The mortician is Caitlin Doughty who also has a book out called Smoke Gets In Your Eyes. I haven't read the book yet, but I probably will in the near future. Here is a link to her fist episode.

Speaking of books I have heard amazing things about the book called The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up. I know, I know, a book about cleaning?! What a treat! Seriously though, her method seems to be thoughtful and beautiful--from the bits I have read and heard. I plan to run by the book store and use a gift card to purchase the book later today.

My mother recently told me about the My Fitness Pal app. It seems that this is something tons of people use and Eric and I decided to give it a try. You can select your goals---weight loss, maintenance, etc. Then you program in all of your food, water, exercise. The app also lets you enter your own recipes and it will break down nutritional information. I really have enjoyed the app, well the first week was a bit annoying with all of the input of information, but now it is smooth sailing. I really love the nutritional breakdown that it gives. I set up to lose my seasonal weight (I gain a few pounds each winter and lose it by late spring) and I am already back to my summer weight. So now I am excited to just maintain health and fitness.Have you tried it?

Yesterday Cordelia spotted the first daffodil in our back yard. She freaked out and Elise too. I am so happy that I am raising two little nature lovers!

Eric and I are being given a free claw footed tub! While I dream of a home with a claw footed tub in the bathroom, it doesn't really fit our reality to install such a thing right now and complete a bathroom remodel. So we have opted to put it in the back garden, conveniently blocking off a view of our jerky neighbor dogs who stand and stare and bark. Anyway, I am planning pretty things for the garden tub.

What is on your random list this week?

1 comment:

Marie Roxanne said...

I love claw tubs too but not in my small apartment. It would look awesome in the backyard filled with flowers (or whatever you were thinking)
Those skulls are awesome, hope they sell.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...