Thursday, October 29, 2015

Vegan Recipe: Donuts

Elise is having pajama day at school today and her teacher asked me to bring in something special for Elise as the other kids would be having (non vegan) donuts. Seemed high time I try my hand at making vegan donuts. I found a recipe for cake donuts online and followed it about 40% so I thought I should share my adaptation. 


Ingredients:
• 1 1/2 tsp. EnerG Egg Replacer +2Tbs. warm water
•1c. flour
•1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
• 1/3 c. agave
• 1/4c. vegan margarine
• 1/2 c. soy milk 
• pinch of salt
• 1tsp. vanilla extract

1. Mix the egg replacer and water. 
2. Add wet ingredients together.
3. Add dry ingredients together.
4. Combine all.
5. Spoon into donut molds and bake at 350F for 15-18 minutes. Donuts should have a little spring to them.

For the icing. Combine 1 c. Powdered sugar with 1-2 Tbs. water and mix. Spoon over donuts and add sprinkles.



The end result was super tasty and hit the vegan donut spot!

2 comments:

Roxanne Veinotte said...

So, how did the pajama party go?
Hope Elise was proud of "her" donuts!

affectioknit said...

Those look delicious...I have a little pan for baking donuts...but I haven't done it for a while...thanks for reminding me that I need to make some vegan donuts...

~Have a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...