Look, I totally lied, there is nothing magical about this pasta dish. I mean I don't want to see the sparkle fade from your eyes or anything, but food isn't really magic. Real magic happens when you cleanly remove an adhesive label in one piece. Anyway, here is a quick weeknight meal that Eric, Elise and I enjoy. Cordelia hates this because there are too many green things and apparently thyme makes her sick. So, if you can handle a simple and filling meal that comes together in about 20 minutes then this is the recipe for you.
•Penne pasta, I grab the kind that has a full serving vegetables incorporated into each serving of the noodles.
• 1 Tbs olive oil
• 1/4 c sliced onion, I leave the pieces big so the girls can easily pick it out
• 1 large head of broccoli, trimmed into florets.
• 2 cloves of minced garlic
• 1/3 c oil packed sun dried tomatoes, drained.
•1/3 c quartered artichoke hearts.
• 1/3 c pitted and halved kalamata olives
• 3 sprigs of fresh thyme, just hold the stem and run through your fingers to remove the leaves
• 1 tsp dried oregano, you can use fresh. I just didn't have any
• salt and pepper to taste
**you can really add really anything you want, spinach, capers, roasted red peppers, whatever floats yer boat. This is not rocket science.
1) Cook your pasta
2) While the pasta is cooking in a skillet over medium high heat warm the oil and cook the onion until translucent. Add the garlic and cook about 30 seconds.
4) Add the broccoli and cook until tender and bright green. Then add everything else.
5) Drain the pasta and combine with the veggie mix.