Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Stacks


Paintings are starting to stack up in piles around the house as Eric and I are preparing for a show which opens in April.

The easels are loaded the guest room is full. Our paper works drawers are full. Yet still there is more work to create. Preparing for a show is a strange process. This show in particular has an extra component of emotion as Eric and I are revisiting our lives together and creating works that speaks to the last twenty, almost, years. 

I am creating work that speaks to key moments in our lives since 1997, going through many highs and lows. The highs are really fun to paint for and the lows are rather cathartic; exploring sadness and loss in painting has been an experience. Generally I do not create work if I am unhappy, but tackling weightier issues has required me to approach my art in new and thoughtful ways. 

So as we finalize the work and schedule interviews and articles and lectures it is all coming together.

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

you'll have to give dates and times for your show!
i am not too far away to come and see it! (and i would absolutely love to!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...