Saturday, September 13, 2008

Friday

Yesterday was another rainy day here in the city. I am not complaining, because you know how I love me some rainy days. For me rain means:
  1. Worms aplenty, I really like worms.
  2. I am in the mood to be creative.
  3. Fun rain walks with Eric and Bumblebee.

So, above and below are some photos of my rainy walk with Eric and Bumblebee.


After we were done with our walk Eric and I decided to go on an antique store tour. We were not really looking for anything; we just like to look around antique stores. We hit up a couple of our old favorites. Here are a few strange things we saw that were considered antiques:
  1. An old, unopened pack of cigarettes. By old I mean they were like 10 years old. The seller was trying to get rid of them for $2. Bizarre.
  2. A giant bronze crawdad, must have weighed 20 lbs.
  3. Broken glasses from the 50s. They were broken in such a way that they could never be fixed, yet somebody was hoping to make $15 on them. I kind of felt bad for them (the sunglasses) and wanted to buy them. I didn't.
Our second antique store has two levels. When I was descending the staircase I heard the familiar and undeniable sounds of a typewriter. Eric was "testing" a beauty of an old typewriter. He had typed this sweet little message.



We went back home and had a curry with couscous and enjoyed the evening together.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi, thanks so much for submitting your wonderful blog to Delightfulblogs. I'm really enjoying your basset hound posts. We recently adopted a basset/pug mix who is the joy of our world (and our cats have fallen in love with him as well) Bassets rule! Lynda
P.S. our sister site, Delight.com is based in Denver. Have you visited?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...