Monday, December 14, 2009

The Motherlode

So, you know how Eric and I are always on the lookout for local newscasters? If not read here and here for just a couple of examples. Anyway, my youngest brother has gone above and beyond. Seriously the guy hit the ultimate jackpot of newscaster gold.

Yes, that's right here he is in the photo below flanked by four newscasters. He was on their turf, newscaster stomping grounds. Can you believe this!?!?!?!?! I am just going to live vicariously through him. I know you are wondering how this good fortune came to my brother and how you too can get in on newscaster glory (or maybe that's just me). Well, he got to do some job shadowing through his school and he got a taste of newscaster glory.

Photobucket

How cool is that? Look at my brother, he looks like the lead anchor. I am so impressed. Anyway, he said that they have filthy mouths when they're off camera...just a little insider newscaster gossip for you.

7 comments:

..... Carmen said...

Ha! I can just imagine how excited and proud you and Eric would have been! Did you watch the broadcast, or was it not put live on air? Very cool indeed.

E.K. said...

I'll be the first to admit that he took our newscaster fixation to a whole new level, but...

He did it on the wrong channel! The ultimate goal is the other station. You can hang with the best of us stalkers Sam, but you still got a lot to learn.

affectioknit said...

That's a great program - shadowing - I'm hoping scout will get to shadow a marine biologist soon as that's his dream right now now...

...too bad about the language...

Stacy said...

One of my good friends worked for the ABC affiliate in Buffalo. They do have dirty mouths.

Nikki Cardigan said...

THAT
IS
AWESOME!

AKM said...

Hee hee! That's so cool and funny, given your love of newscasters. ;-) Does he want to go into mass comm?

Robin said...

That is the jackpot for sure!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...