Monday, July 25, 2011

My New Obsession

Last week I was over visiting with my mother. She was working on an adorable crocheted hat for a friend. She put a crochet needle and some yarn in my hands (talk about an enabler). One thing led to another and before I knew it I had fallen into a crocheted vortex. I have been crocheting hats like a woman possessed----think mashed potato Devil's Tower from Close Encounters of the 4th Kind, but not really.

crochet

I have been crocheting on the couch, in bed, in the car, at the table, while baking, while entertaining company...it's kinda weird.

hats

What do I have to show for this weird effort? A lot of hats...my mother and I are hoping to sell them here in town, online, and perhaps at a craft fair. There are big hats, little hats, boy hats, girl hats, hats with ears, faces, bows, flowers, etc.

What is your obsession?

7 comments:

rainblissed said...

So adorable - all of them! And, I gotta love your obsession, too ;-). I really must learn to crochet one day so I can join in the fun!

QuiteaCommonFairy said...

My obsession is that cute blue one with the button flower - how much? ;-) You're so awesome!

QuiteaCommonFairy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kate said...

I love knitting. And cooking/baking. I wish I were better with knitting, though- I still can't make anything recognizable.

Carmen said...

So great :) My obsession is much like yours - knitting. It goes everywhere with me :)

Susan S said...

I think the word "obsession" has rather a negative connotation. Let's just say we have a "passion" for crocheting, ok?

And so what if I am an enabler? Really, that word has gotten a bad rap. Someone who enables others to do something they enjoy...that's good, right?

elizabeth said...

yes, such sweet hats!
and i love that you and your mom get to spend so much time together! what a treat!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...