Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pumpkin Patch 2011

So now that I have jumped down the rabbit-hole into motherhood I am finding myself doing and saying things that I never considered before the crossover. Some of those things are weird, like using wet wipes to clean off my make-up (what? they work really well). Other things are a bit more normal, like creating new family traditions...

pumpkin patch

Last year we started what is now a tradition (doing something twice makes it a bonafide tradition right?); we visited the local pumpkin patch. See here for last year's adventure and marvel at how much Cordelia has grown. This year we headed back for trip numero dos. We were greeted by a sweet orange and white cat who was winding her way in between the pumpkins, she was very charming until we realized she was in heat...so we moseyed on.

holding a tiny pumpkin
Behold, baby pumpkin...or poh-kihn as Cordelia calls them.

white pumpkin

Cordelia and I
Cordelia and I. Since there was a slight chill in the air I deemed it scarf weather--disregard people in the background wearing t-shirts in the following photos.

sweet cheeks

Cordelia was instantly drawn to the pumpkins like a moth to the flame. She hugged them, told me they were cute. Picked up the little ones. We also had a discussion about how some pumpkins have "moles."

Warty pumpkin
Pumpkin with "moles".

handsome
Look at that fine fellow winking at me. At least I hope it is a wink and not the stink eye...

C and I
Cordelia and I

pumpkins

holding hands

Finally I grabbed a pumpkin as she continued her own private journey of pumpkin bliss. We headed back to the car where she decided that her pumpkin was named either Doh-Dok or Cordy's House...later that evening she seemed to settle on Doh-Dok.

Eric and Cordelia
Awwww....

stem

running to tiny pumpkins
Until we meet again Pumpkin Patch.

10 comments:

Roxee said...

Yes, family traditions are good, and I think even once is okay to call it a tradition as long as you know you'll be planning to do it every year!
I am waiting to see what Cordelia decides what to do with the pumpkin... I mean Doh-Dok...

Carmen said...

So fun :). I wish we had a pumpkin patch near us. The only way we can do one is doing a farm tour nearby :(. My inlays have one on the island where they live and it's so much fun :).

Kate W. said...

So did Cordy end up with a tiny pumpkin? She really seemed to gravitate to them in the photos you took! So fun -- Mike and I are headed to one this week sometime.

Stacy said...

I love the pumpkin patch... It's my tradition too. Glad you all had fun. And that dad/daughter photo is adorable.

Maria Rose said...

Cordelia has several small pumpkins already...

Susan said...

You are such a beautiful little family!

Emily said...

We went to a pumpkin patch today too! It was for a field trip with the girls' first grade class. Tomorrow the kids are painting the pumpkins they picked out today.

sophie said...

beautiful photos! I am loving Cordelia's hair - like big time!! Might need to do on my kiddos!

Victoria said...

Darling photos! ...it was definitely a wink ;)

AKM said...

Doh-Dok is, of course, the perfect pumpkin name. I am not surprised that Cordelia knew this. She is a genius. ;-)

Loving her hair! She is just a little doll.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...