Thursday, November 29, 2012

Kindness Bandit: Angel Tree

kb

Well, we are officially within a month of Christmas.  I am excited to give. I love giving presents, especially when they are meaningful, handmade and from the heart. The only other type of giving that gets me more excited is the anonymous type. For some reason opportunities to give really seem to pop up this time of year. Every store has a tree with names of people in need, donation boxes sit in plain view, people are bell ringing and there is an abundance of opportunity to give. I wish such opportunities were more obvious/available year round. Seems like around January 1st those chances to give become less apparent and are relegated to counter-top donation jars and money request mailers.

So, I decided to grab two angel tree gifts tags again this year (read last year). I picked one and had Cordelia grab another. This year we are giving gifts to a 6 year old girl and a 10 year old boy. The presents will be given to the children as gifts from their incarcerated parents. I love that!

I am looking for some more seasonal Kindness Bandit ideas...have any?


4 comments:

Sarah Purdy said...

That's a great idea! We'd like to do that too - where did you find your Angel Tree?

Maria Rose said...

Sarah, I got them from my dad's church. I'd be happy to pick one up for you.

Roxanne said...

On the Angel Tree does it state what specific present to buy or do you get to choose?

Maria Rose said...

Yes Roxanne, the incarcerated parent makes the suggestion. For the boy I am getting a blanket and for the girl arts and crafts stuff. I will probably include extra stuff as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...