Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Project: Gifting Baby Plants

I have this one plant that has been going crazy. I am not sure what it is, some kind of succulent. It doesn't need rooting hormone, any piece that breaks off and is placed in the soil will grow like the dickens.

gift plant

I was trying to figure out what to do with all of these plantlings (that's a word) that seem to be taking over and realized that I should curse gift my friends who show even the slightest hint of a green thumb (don't worry Sarah, you will not get one. wink).

To make this aggressive grower a bit more adorable I decided to up the ante with packaging (I totally thought this was a semi-original idea and just found it on Pinterest, whatever). You can do this too.

You will need
  • 1 jar
  • spray paint
  • rocks and pebbles
  • soil
  • plant
  • twine
Here is what you do.
  1. Spray paint the jar, takes like 1 minutes
  2. When the jar is dry place a couple of rocks in the bottom for drainage.
  3. Cover with soil and add plant.
  4. Add some tiny decorative pebbles and twine. You can add a tag or instructions. Good to go!

gift plant
Today we are making a delivery to a friend I haven't been able to touch base with recently, just a little gesture of friendliness.

5 comments:

Sarah Purdy said...

Oh man! Totally adorable! On behalf of myself and the plantling, I thank you for not gifting me.

Emily said...

Very cute!

Mom said...

Snazzy idea!

Kate said...

Or chalkboard paint! Yes, yes, I am a chalkboard paint addict.

Rachel said...

such a cute idea!! it'll be a pinterest sensation!! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...