Check out months 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 by clicking the number.
Over the course of this month Elise has:
- learned to sit up all on her own. She is a real pro at the sit, but she is ready for the next step. She has her eyes on the walking prize and is definitely moving in that direction.
- started standing with support (and a watchful parental eye).
- begun to revel in attention and flirt with most anyone, as long as she is in my arms she is pretty confident.
- embraced the eating of solid food. So far the only rejection has been of prunes. Who can blame her? Liquified prunes sound gah-rooooosssss! ***Note to the future staff of my nursing home...please no liquid prunes.
- started to insist on drinking from a cup. Anytime I get a drink of water from the sink she starts flailing about and grunting for a drink. She will tearfully sob if I don't share.
- taken many mellow car rides. She no longer freaks out every single second we are in the car. Life changing!
- started to hold herself up on all fours, but she will just rock back and forth before ultimately deciding that she'd just as well learn to walk.
- continued to develop her own relationship with each member of the family. She flails and grunts with joy when Eric returns from work. She laughs hysterically at Cordelia's dancing and pretty much watches each and every thing that Cordelia does. She loves her uncles who are just the right mix of scary fun. She loves to look at Casual Sara's face (Sara is too casual to be called aunt so we call her Casual Sara). She hugs my mother and has learned that my dad is the fun guy!
- really, this girl has come into a new phase in this last month. We think that some digestive issues may have resolved themselves. We now find ourselves with a much happier baby and that is such a gift. Not only is she easier to care for, but knowing that she has a joyful heart has been a great relief to us.